What I can tell is what works for me. Use the below to refine your methods.
I search for aligned principles (manner, communication, attitude, approach to problem-solving). These can be summarised as follows:
Expanding in more specifics:
- Energetic, transparent, flexible and structured in approach and mannerism.
- Respectful in engagement, with a strong sense of urgency to deliver value.
- Relentless in ensuring a clear understanding of what measurable success looks like. Objectives and key-result expectations are often communicated early, with indicators measured and reviewed weekly.
- Comfortable diving into spreadsheets, pivots and modernised ETL solutions to analyse business data.
- Hands-on in developing talent who know how to celebrate success, learn from mistakes, speak the different languages within the business, and lead by example.
- Continually humble to express weakness backed by a drive and curiosity to learn, develop and advance.
- Calm under pressure while remaining true to commitments.
- Keen to constructively challenge and chip in ideas on how we can be better, stronger and faster.